Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Life! The Good and the Bad!






Friday was a great day because Aedyn met his Grandpa and Grandma Young. They came up with Angela and spent the day with us. We went to lunch at our outdoor mall and had some gelato and Starbucks and sat by the fireplace because it was a little windy and chilly. We then went to Babies R'Us and got a few Christmas outfits for Aedyn. Overall a very good day!


This past weekend was pleasant until a certain event happened. First, I will say about the good stuff; we went to Moreno Valley on Saturday to celebrate my nephew Sean's 4th birthday! He is getting so big. It was great to see everyone, Sean, Jen,Jamie(who by the way is towering over me) my Dad, Helen, Soone,Angela,Mary and Catie, Dot,and of course Kat, Jon and my Mom. Of course, everyone wanted to play pass the baby. Aedyn was a hit, and he behaved so well the whole day! I tried to focus on playing with little Sean, and his big event,while everyone held Aedyn.


We then spent the rest of the day with Jon, Kat and Mom playing games and being merry. Kat made a terrific chicken tortilla soup, while I made guacamole and fresh salsa, YUMMY! We spent the night, and woke up the next morning to a leisurely day with a nice breakfast. After hemming and hawing of going and doing something,we decided to go to the dogpark. Here is the bad event. We got there and only after about 10-15 minutes a dog entered the gated area and came charging over to where we were, and attacked Toby. It was horrible, and the act keeps playing over in our minds. We left immediately and went home. Kat and Jon took Toby to the emergency vet and Toby had to be kept there for a couple days. They discovered he had air trapped between his chest and ribs where he had a flesh wound, and he has a few cracked ribs. Toby will be coming home,but he will have to be crated so he doesn't move so he can heal! He is still in pain. Poor little guy! It made us all cry, because we hurt when our pets hurt; they are a part of the family! Please send healing thoughts to Toby!


That's all for now. Must go shower and get ready before the wee babe awakens.


3 comments:

Amber Starr said...

I LOVE the Batman cake!!!

So sorry to hear about Toby... he's so sweet! All my love and prayers to both, wee ones...

Anonymous said...

We're so sad about Toby...dad was even worried about "the rat" as he calls Toby. We're so glad he's on the mend. Friday was indeed a very special and wonderful day and it was a great joy to meet our new grandson. Shane, I really didn't wake him up Saturday! I was just staring at him and his eyes opened. He wanted to tell me he needed hugs. Tee Hee. Love you three! Dad and Helen

Helen said...

I'm not anonymous. I'm me :)