Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Random Mommy thoughts(it gets sappy towards the end)



My latest and greatest eau de parfume scent is Enfamil GentleEase, mixed in with baby saliva! Oh so savory!


I am grateful to get a hot meal that has time to digest, because Aedyn always knows when dinner is hot n' ready!


Getting 4 or even 5 whopping hours of sleep at one time is a beautiful thing!(Even though I know I wake myself up secretly hoping to hear a cry so I can touch him or hold him).


Receiving smiles and giggles and coos from my son is the best gift I know I will receive this Christmas! (My heart glows just to think about it!)


I LOVE the fact the when Shane sings to Aedyn it comforts them both!


Peace overwhelms me when I am holding Aedyn and he looks past me and over my shoulder and begins to smile and giggle, because I know his guardian angel is watching over him!


Poopie, spit-up, sleep habits, weight and age almost encompass all new conversations with people we know and strangers, too!


Just today, Aedyn has his first visit to Daddy's office, people kept commenting on how Aedyn looks so much like Shane and I!(Everyone knows at Shane's office that we are adopting Aedyn!) Never do we solicit this observation, but it happens everwhere I go! I was in the grocery store the other day and a lady was doting over Aedyn in the soda and ship aisle, asking his weight, age, etc. and said he looked like me. My answer was oh, really! She then asked if I was breastfeeding? My answer was "I wish I could have, but he's adopted!" A weird expression came over her face, and tears filled her eyes;I did not know what to say or think at this point! But then I saw her smile and say I gave her chills, because he looked so much like me, and it made her think that adoption is such a miracle and joy! I agreed with her and moved onto the frozen veggies aisle.


Aedyn brings joy to all where ever he goes. We went on a short errand to pick up somepictures we took at JCPENNEY's and decided to walk around in the mall for a bit. I didn't have the stroller(it was in Shane's car) but I did have the baby Bjourn carrier and he justs loved being in it. I face him out so he could look at his surroundings. He never made one peep, he just stared at all the new things and watched the lights hanging from the ceiling. It was amazing watching him explore the new environment and soak up the atmosphere with his eyes. But, what's even more amazing is how everyone we passed would stare at him and smile and beam with joy! I was proud, not only because I'm his Mama and he is a handsome boy, but the fact that he is God's gift, and it seems that everyone he meets feels his beautiful energy and sense of wellbeing, and We, Shane and I, as his parents get the opportunity to share the world with him, and share him with the world!


that's all for now.wow i can't believe i wrote that much. Aedyn is taking a deep sleep nap and is content,probably because of the lulling sound of the rain outside!





No comments: