Friday, January 25, 2008

Mr. Chubby Cheeks update (and a confession)

Daddy calls this smy bumblebee outfit!
Aedyn is so fascinated by looking at his hands and anything that he can manage to grab and hold!
What a ham!

Exhausted from playing, Aedyn fell asleep in his Activity Center!
Shane took and loves this pic of our sleeping prince!
Surprise! He is becoming more aware of all his surroundings everyday!
Look, a future concert pianist! Chopin watch out!
I love his smerks, he was all smiles and giggles, then he saw the camera and became mesmerized!



As promised this is an update on Aedyn and how fast he is growing and learning! We went to the doc's office yesterday, in the rain(it has been raining for the last couple of days, beautiful but wet). Shane came home early so we could all go together, and we had to feed him really quick before we went. Lucky Shane, as we waited in the doc's waiting area reading books, Aedyn blessed Shane over and over again with his magic spit! It's funny because Aedyn had hardly spit up all day,and then he decided to share as soon as Daddy got home. It was also because Aedyn was cranky, he was about to take a nap before we took him to his appointment!

So we got to the room the nurse checked his temp., measured his head, which is 16 3/4 "(his brain is growing), measured his length, he is now a whopping 25 1/4" long (he's over 2 feet tall)! Then the fun started, we undressed Aedyn to his nakedness to get weighed and he lay still as the nurse told us he is now a huge 17 lbs and 3 oz! And then before Mommy could get his diaper back on he peed everywhere, he even got it in his ear! That's good aim! Well, as we waited for the doc to come in Aedyn got so cranky the entire office could hear him wail, a nd as he got more upset he spit up all over again, so he got hungry and we hadto feed him again to soothe him. Finally the doctor came in, and Aedyn was a very good boy. Mommy held him while the doctor checked his ears, eyes, breathing,chest and lungs! Then, the doc checked his bones and movement, his diaper area, how well he stands on two feet, etc. He is in perfect health!! Hooray! So we talked to the doc. about solid foods. He said to start with thinned rice cereal with formula, and thickening it for about a week, so he gets used to eating and thrusting his tongue in the right direction. He then said to start on veggies. Try 1 veggie for 3 days, then move on to another one.,mainly to check for allergies. After that he suggested moving on to fruit! I think this part is so exciting. Watching him experience solid food for the first time will be hilarious. The camera will definitely be rolling. We are going to probably start this weekend, so Shane can participate in his first bites!

Of course, Aedyn got his second set of immunizations,but not until after Daddy talked to the doctor about his issues of acid reflux and a sore shoulder. Hey, a two for one appointment you can't beat it, I tried to think up something for me just to get it all done in one shot! HAHA! The whole time Shane and the doctor were speaking Aedyn just sat on my lap staring at the doc. He is so observant and social! He even gave the doc a smile! Then the needles cames! I made Shane hold Aedyn while the nurse gave him 4 shots, 2 in each thigh! He cried and screamed for about a minute then he was fine. we packed him up in the carseat(which he is almost too big for), and there he slept (in his carseat, but in his room) for another 3 hours, he was exhausted!
Ok, here comes the confession. I have been slowly putting the daycare back together,(probably procrastinating a bit) and am opening up the daycare very soon. I should have my first client by this nextweek maybe, but I have this overwhelming selfish desire to not want to share my time with anybody else's children! This is terrible! I have been given the gracious gift (thanks to Shane's hard work and understanding) of spending 4 wonderful months with our son, just us during the day, and I don't want to give that up! It's very weird for me this powerful protection I feel over the relationship I have with my son, and that it might feel tainted if other children are in my house. I have never felt this way,or expected to feel this way,especially because I love being with other children. I love to watch the grow and learn, and I love being a part of that! I have even cried over it. I know I have to do this, because we need the extra income just to pay for the lawyer fees, and I want to contribute,even just a little to take a little financial stress off Shane's mind! The beautiful thing is though I will still be at home with Aedyn.

So, Aedyn is a little lethargic today from the immunizations yesterday, so he is taking a long nap. I need to take advantage of that and take a shower.Yikes, no more showers in the middle of the day! I hadn't thought of that before! Plus,I need to finish the closet in the daycare, and vaccuum the house! Well, another update will come about last weekend at Kaitlyn's Birthday with family!

No comments: