Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Zonked!

Our New Year's Eve Spread
Aedyn crashed on the floor from playtime!


New Year's Eve was very quiet for us. Shane made a spread of meats and cheeses and crackers while we watched movies. Aedyn went to bed for the night around 11pm and we finished watching some movies before the big countdown with Dick Clark! We definitely know our lives have changed when we toasted in the new year with bottles of water!!


As I was just beginning to feel better, Aedyn got sickwith a temp. and congestion. So, New's year's Day was not as quiet as the evening before. Aedyn tried smiling and laughing through his tears. He couldn't help himself, he was feeling miserable, and I think a couple of times Shane and I cried along,too! The doctor said just to take comfort measures; so we lathered him up with baby Vicks, bought a vaporizer to put moisture into the air, sat in a steamy bathroom for 1/2 hour to loosen up congestion, gave him baby tylenol, held him constantly, for he cried when we put him down and stayed the entire day in pajamas! He finally fell asleep around 9 or 10 pm and slept all the way until 5:30 am; poor guy was so tired he barely got any rest all day long. His temp. this morning is way down. He has taken 2 naps already, which is good because the body heals while resting.


So hopefully the next few days will be better, because I need to put the daycare back in order. We had moved everything out and set up the space like a bedroom for Amber and Hugh while they stayed with us. Shane and I were supposed to do it last week after Christmas but I got sick! I have put an ad back in the Pennysaver like always, so let's see what business I can drum up from that. I have decided not to take any infants, and only start out with 2 other children of ages 2 or up. My persepective is totally different from when I had no children of my own. i wonder how this will play out with the parents I interview.We'll see.

No comments: