Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Man of My Dreams!



As Aedyn and I slept peacefully, Shane managed to rise out of bed at 2:30 in the morning today to be ready by 3am. Why, you might ask? To drive with a friend to be with another friend facing a terrible truth! Shane's long time friend, Adam,called him yesterday to inform him that their longtime friend, Lee, has just been diagnosed with Cancer. Adam asked if Shane would drive with him to Lake Havasu, AZ to be with with Lee before he goes into emergency surgery removing a lump from his neck! Shane did not think about it twice, of course he would go. So they drove all morning, about 5-6 hours to be there for him before the surgery, and visited with him after the surgery was done, then drove all the way back home in one day! It was a selfless act, a beautifully kind gesture, and one that makes me swell with awesome love for my husband. How many people can wake in the morning knowing that the man of their dreams breathes only inches away from them. I know I can.

Not only did he do this wonderful act,but this prior weekend busted his butt lifting and straining heavy objects moving my mother to her new place. He did all of this with a wonderful attitude and good spirit.

We, as humans, can get caught up in the mundane trivias of everyday life, but I challenge everyone, myself included,to find the positive and radiant attributes of the people who fill our lives!

1 comment:

Amber Starr said...

You are lucky... Shane is a wonderful and beautiful person. I really am lucky to have you all in my life. ~♥~