Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day

Mom and me enjoying our sugar-free Starbucks!
The lovely necklace Shane and Aedyn gave me. If you can tell the aquamarine and sapphire stones alternate and then there's the two intertwining circles on the bottom. The necklace is made of white gold. I feel so blessed! How am I going to top this for Father's Day?!
All of us (sans Jon, he took the picture) at the Huntington gardens!
Mommy and Aedyn posing on a hill at the Japanese garden near the Koi pond.
Aedyn and Grammy sharing a moment at the Chinese garden.

I know Mother's Day was 5 days ago, but better late than never! So Happy Mother's day to all!

My first Mother's Day was blissful and perfect. I woke up in the morning to the beautiful smile of my son, and was able to cuddle with him while he ate his breakfast. Shane and Kathy, ran an errand to the grocery store, so we thought! They actually came back with bouquets of flowers for My mom and me, as well as Starbucks coffee. Perfecto! Then, we opened gifts. I have to say I enjoyed the cards,of course I cried at all of them. Boy, does my family know how tug at the heartstrings! I enjoyed a beautiful book and new clothes from my Mom,and a CD of Pictures(mostly of Aedyn) set to music from Kat and Jon. My husband took my breath away with the most beautiful necklace. He designed a necklace that combined both mine(aquamarine) and Aedyn's(sapphire) birthstones together along with two intertwined circles, representing mother and child's life intertwining. It is beautiful!!!

After lounging around a bit we all finally got dressed and made it to brunch at a local restaurant. After that we ventured to the Huntington Gardens in San Marino. The weather was just perfect,sunny and breezy, and the gardens were in full bloom. I think our favorite part of the gardens was the Japanese garden. They also have an art museum and library. It was just a perfect day!!!! I am so blessed to have my family, my husband, and my son to share my life with!

No comments: