Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update on Belly Baby

The pregnancy is going great, normal as normal can be for pregnancy!  We still do not know the sex of the baby, (although I'm sure some of you think we are holding back information).  I had an appointment last week and we heard the baby's heartbeat, strong and consistent.  I have another appointment next week, basically for monitoring the diabetes; the doctor does not want to put me on medicine, but it might be necessary as time goes by.  I will ask the doctor then when our next ultrasound should be, if not soon or by the time I am 24 weeks we will go have a 4D ultrasound done to find out the gender.


I have felt the "quickening" consistently for the last 2 weeks, it feels like butterflies. So strange and miraculous all at once.  You can't tell by looking at me with clothes on yet that I am pregnant, but Shane and I can tell. My tummy is getting harder and (excuse my being blunt) my two tummy fat rolls are blending together.  Clothes that I have recently bought,or have been bought for me (thanks Mom and Sis), are getting snug; and it's not that I have gained weight, I had lost at least 7-8 pounds because of watching my diet and still am not at the original weight I was when I first found out I was pregnant.  

Thank goodness I am feeling good and energized because I definitely need it trying to keep up with Aedyn. Believe it or not, this experience still feels a bit surreal! I guess when I am in labor and yelling at Shane, "You did this to me!", it'll hit me!

1 comment:

Amber Starr said...

I'm glad everything is going great with your prego self! And when the baby starts squirming around disrupting your days [AND your nights!] you'll believe it more.