Wednesday, November 5, 2008

1 day to go to due date

Well I had an appointment yesterday and today. Yesterday we had an ultrasound to check the size of the baby. Usually gestational diabetic babies are large, and doctor's will induce before the baby gets too big. But in our case, according to the measurements our little guy is a wee peanut. Only about 6 1/2 pounds. But his head is down, and believe it or not, we actually saw hair, he has hair! Today I had another non-stress test, everything was fine. I had a contraction during the test and little Connor didn't like it, he moved so we had to find the heartbeat again. The doc checked my cervix and it's still closed. I have another appointment in one week, to do another non-stress test, and check the cervix again. If nothing has changed then we will schedule a date for induction sometime next week.

I know everyone is anxious and excited, so are we. It just seems that Connor is not ready to face the world yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're SOOOO excited! And we're free EVERYDAY next week, haha. So just let us know. =] lol. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Jason said...

That just means that he loves his mama and likes the cozy environment that he's in. I went in on my due date in the same scenario and was induced the next day it was great, no problems at all.