Thursday, November 20, 2008

OMG! It's been 1 week!

Sleeping babe
Holding Connor for first time, I know I look amazing! haha
Getting his Apgar exam
Daddy, Mommy, and Connor
already sucking on his lip
moments after he was born
Good wailing!
Ma and Pa before the surgery

Our last picture as a family of 3!


This is a long post due to being away a week. So finally I am posting about the newest addition to our family.

We welcomed Connor Patrick Moore on Thursday, November 13th at 2:26 pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was 20.5 inches long.He was born at Simi Valley Hospital via C-section. I was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday evening and gave me cervidil, and then they induced my labor by giving me pitocin. Long story short my cervix never dilated so we opted for a c-section. They had a hell of a time tried to get the Spinal in, it took about 45-50 minutes with at least 2 bent needles, and I got nauseous during the procedure.

Of course the baby was fine, and he cried right away. Even through the sickness I remembered crying tears of joy! Shane got to cut the cord after the baby was put in the warmer. He, Connor, had a little trouble breathing at first but recovered quickly. We stayed in the recovery room for about 1-2 hours, then they wheeled us to our postpartum room. This is where I finally got a good look at him. He was beautiful!

We stayed in the hospital for 3 days, Shane stayed with me overnight while we had family staying with Aedyn. Aedyn came to the hospital to see his new brother. He was really interested in him and was gentle when touching him. Lots of family came to visit us and we are grateful to have shared this miraculous experience with every one of them!

We finally went home Sunday at noon. Our discharge went smoothly and we took the short 5 minute drive home with our new little boy. When we got home Aedyn had just laid down for a nap, and Connor was sleeping too so we left him in his car seat and put him in his crib. We sat took in a few breaths and realized the house was quiet and we were now the parents of 2 boys.

The week has gone by fast. Connor is a really good baby, and does what he is upposed to do; eat, sleep, and poop! He is very alert and very strong! He makes the funniest little faces and he has habits just like Daddy, like sneezing 4-5 times in a row( NOTE: Aedyn only ever sneezes twice in a row). He is eating well, we are still trying to establish breastfeeding, so I'm pumping and we are supplementing a little with formula. He is waking during the night about every 3 hours.

Aedyn is being a good brother, he is very curious about Connor and wants to be in the room when we change him and wants to share his toys. he also gives gentle kisses and hugs to Connor. There has been a bought of jealousy when we brought out the swing and Aedyn wanted to be in it himself and didn't want to see Connor in it. We'll have to watch him closely but he is doing wonderfully.

I have been recovering nicely from the C-section and had my staples removed yesterday. I am moving around a lot better now, although it will take some time to heal, about 6 weeks. that is the worse part because I can't lift Aedyn during this time, so I cant't get him out of bed, onto the changing table, in or out of highchair, or lay him down for naps. Thank goodness for family.

Wow! We are the parents to 2 gorgeous boys! Life has definitely changed dramatically in the last year. We have so many blessings and miracles to celebrate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for both of you. I can't believe that he is finally here. Once again congratulations on that beautiful boy.