Saturday, February 28, 2009

While I have the chance

It feels like I haven't blogged in forever. I guess it's because of my new addiction to Facebook. It's so quick and easy compared to blogging. But here I am at 5 in the morning, Connor got up at 4 and I put him back to bed about 15 minutes ago, so i thought I would take advantage now to blog a little.
I want to confess to some new obsessions I have and things I have been thinking about and that I strive for for my family.

First obsession is Facebook as mentioned before; LOVE IT!

My new obsession: watching Jon and Kate plus 8 I know some people don't like it, but I now admit I think I have seen all episodes and was happy when the new season started. I love to watch the family grow up. It definitely gives me hope to get through the day when Aedyn is having a little tantrum because i won't let him eat dog food and at the same time Connor is crying for lunch; I think that knowing that they do it everyday with 8 kids i can most definitely do it with 2.
I also had a revelation; it's different when it's your own kids. When I was teaching and running my home daycare handling lots of kids at once it was no problem, but it's different when it's your own, much harder to be steadfast and firm especially when all I want to do is play and kiss and cuddle them.

Another new mental obsession: I am also inspired to try to start planning a party or an actual ceremony for a renewal of our wedding vows. I think it would be neat. It might not happen for a few years but am planning in my mind for a lovely event anyway. It would not only be a commitment to each other, but we will make verbal commitments to our children for their everyday happiness and for their futures, too.

Another confession, I want another baby, most likely through adoption, not anytime soon maybe in 2 years, but I know in my heart we are not done. Shane worries about being too old; he keeps comparing his age when Aedyn will graduate from high school to his parents age when he graduated from high school. We'll never be that young when our children hit that milestone so might as well embrace it and have more!!!!

1 comment:

Amber Starr said...

aww... I agree with embracing life. So who cares if you're a little older during those milestones? You'll treasure it a little more..
Having more kids sounds great. You guys were made to be parents!!

Facebook IS awesome! I'm so glad you got one.
and I love jon and Kate plus 8. But I don't get to watch it very often.