Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The good and bad of having a social life (my kinda social life)

Being a stay-at-home Mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had. As to be expected sometimes it is necessary to get out of the house in order to have adult conversation before going crazy. So, I found this Kids CLub, it's free, and a Mommy and me class, free, that the boys and I both enjoy on Wed. and Fri. These are wonderful groups to be a part of, Aedyn gets the social interaction he needs to start learning good habits of sharing, waiting our turn, keeping our hands to ourselves,all the activity manners, listening, following directions, etc. Connor gets the chance to be amused by watching others. I get adult conversation,and I get to show off my boys!!!!! This is the great part.

The downfall is being exposed to all the germs! Aedyn, followed by Connor, has been sick 2 times already since enjoying these activities. It's frustrating.

Aedyn woke up this morning whining and crying, which he never does, so I knew he was sick. He had a 103.9 temperature. We have done all the things to make him feel better, cool tepid bath, dose of motrin, cool cloths, plenty of fluids which seemed to have worked, because his temperature went down to 102.7. He seems to be ok, eating and drinking just fine, playing quietly, with what else but his books, cookie jar, and ball popper.

So Connor also has a slight temp. of 100.1, but it could be due to teething, he is chewing on everything, and slobbering everywhere. We'll see if he follows in his big brother's footsteps.

So the dilemma is to be social or not. Well, seeing as though I missed the registration for the Mommy and me class this month(just realized this) my mind is made up for me!

2 comments:

Truth Mommy said...

Feel better, Aedyn & Connor! I hope they're feeling better by Friday, because CuzAunt Nina would love to come over and visit!!! :) Many happy thoughts and healthy wishes being sent VERY fast over your way!

Truth Mommy said...

Feel better, Aedyn!!!! :( Aww... poor guy being really sick. :( Miss you guys. LOVE YOU, too... keep us updated!