Sunday, January 13, 2008

Can do Fondue!

Playing Loaded Questions
The Raclette Experience! The grill is the black thing in the middle.
Grammy and Aedyn cuddlin'!
Aedyn sitting up by himself!!!!!!!!
Dad and Aedyn getting down to business!


For my mom's birthday we invited her up this weekend for some good eats. My sis and Jon tagged along, too! We decided to feast upon a fondue snack(more like a meal), and a raclette dinner. I made, with Kat's help, a lovely swiss/gruyere cheeses fondue with pumpernickel and bagette bread, apples and pears, and broccoli and cauliflower (which I steamed and they went to mush). But it was a lovely appetizer. We then played a round of Loaded Questions, and then worked together cutting up veggies and meat and cheese for the raclette grill. The raclette grill is so lovely for a wonderful conversational dinner. Everyone grills their own meat and veggies on the top part and melts their cheeses on little trays on the bottom part. It's so fun creating combinations of veggie,meat and cheese to savor; but what's even better is sittings around the table talking and laughing with family!We ended the evening late with several roundsof Scene It Squabble. Which the boys won again!!!


Today, we woke up at 8am when Aedyn woke up and had coffee and cinnamon streusel bread. YUM! Mom, Kat, and Jon left at noon, and Shane worked on school work, I cleaned up a bit, Aedyn ate,slept,and played. We did get some time to play together as a family on the living room floor. These are my favorites moments,the ones I'll store away in my memory and pull out to feel a warm fuzzy!


Unfortunately, we still have to work in the daycare to get it back together. I am procrastinating!Enough blogging for today!

No comments: