Friday, January 18, 2008

My Sleeping Angel (an impromtu poem)


As the angels whisper to him

He giggles in delight,

Mouth wide open and lips curled up.

Tender cheeks full and dimples so slight.


His little hands grasp at the air.

His eyes twinkling in wonder

As he follows his chubby wiggling fingers.


In amazement his eyes widen

as the melodic sound of a violin fills the air.

Gently he is lulled to sleep,

Fingers in mouth, grinning contently.


Watching him, my eyes moisten with tears

and the pitter patter of happy heartbeats fills my bosom.

True happyness is my sleeping angel.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Crying here :) He is so darling and my heart is overflowing with joy for you, and for Shane, our special kids. Can't wait for next week end so I can hold that cute little grandbaby.

Anonymous said...

You have sooooo many talents but the one you will be most remembered for is being a wonderful Mommy to Aedyn 4-ever :)
Love you and am so happy for you three. I love the pics...keep 'em coming...XO, Selly