Friday, September 19, 2008

Wow! A Surprise party!

I just got home from what I thought earlier in the day was going to be a potluck lunch at Shane's work, but what really ended up being was a surprise baby shower for Shane and I. Wow! I cried, not for long, but the tears were there.They have family lunches often at Shane's work so I thought nothing of it, I even baked a cake to bring. Shane knew about it, and did a very good job at keeping it a secret. I was very surprised! Just imagine people at my husband's work (remember I used to work there for one summer and visit the office often with Aedyn) making a surprise for me. Jimmyene was the one to organize the whole thing, with Erica's help. They had decorations, balloons, a mickey mouse cake(Connor's room is Mickey themed), and even bought a special lunch of Arby's for me, oh and Shane too. What a wonderful bunch of great people! Some people bought individual gifts and some donated to the whole for gift cards (much needed). I am just so tickled and so grateful for beautiful moments like this in our lives. So if any of you at the office read our blog, THANK YOU! What a great day!

No comments: