Thursday, March 5, 2009

Missing my hubby & a trip down memory lane(life without kids)

Our very first trip to Disneyland together
Our very first date (I was 18, Shane was 23)
Mountain music festival in Lake Arrowhead
Our first dance as husband and wife!
Shane and I at his basic training graduation (he still makes me hot!)

(Nostalgic pictures, Ahh those were the days!)

It's late, I have just put Connor down for the WHOLE night, I hope, and I am missing Shane.

The last few days have been good, the boys have behaved themselves, but when 6pm rolls around the house seems quiet without Shane. Thank goodness he's coming home tomorrow, not because I am exhausted, I'm not, just because our home, our family, is not complete without him.

My thoughts as I laid Aedyn down in his crib tonight was, "why would anyone chose to parent alone?" (my thoughts strayed towards the crazy octuplet mom). I thought this because although I have enjoyed every moment by myself with the boys it's so much more joyous to share their daily accomplishments with Daddy.

I miss Shane, not just the Daddy part but my husband part,too. It's lonely to go to bed without him, (Ollie doesn't give very good goodnight kisses). I know his trips back east are necessary to keep our family going because his job demands it, and we are so blessed for him to have a job that supports our family. It is a sacrifice for him to have to leave and miss time with his boys, but he does it now just as he did when he joined the Army to support our family then, with dignity and love.

Well, he'll be home late tomorrow night. Until then my love!

2 comments:

Amber Starr said...

Aww...
This is so sweet and romantic..
You are such a wonderful couple.
A true inspiration..
The love you have for each other and the passion you have for the life that you share is really beautiful

Truth Mommy said...

Seeing those pictures brought tears to my eyes... you guys are such an amazing and beautiful couple filled with love... you can always see it looking at you two and you guys are simply an inspiration... we love you guys. <3
On a not so mushy note... I [Nina] am very excited to be spending some time with you today! :) We're going to have some fun and I'm going to help you with whatever you may need some help with. I love you!!!!